Your provider cannot create their own agreement, but they may include additional terms as long as those terms do not remove any of your legal rights. If this is the case, the term is not valid. Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV) is the new Victorian regulator of the SDA. CAV has just published the Specialist Disability Accommodation Accommodation Residency Agreement and Information Statement as well as an information statement for SDA participants who have entered into a standard accommodation rental agreement. These documents are now available on the Consumer Affairs Victoria website, along with other information and resources. All SDA providers must choose the agreement that best fits their property and provide the corresponding information statement to each SDA tenant at least seven days before the conclusion of this agreement. The SDA provider can choose the lease it wishes to offer to its SDA tenants, either by choosing the SDA housing contract, which reflects many of the additional protections previously proposed in the Disability Act 2006 and which have now been included in Part 12 A of the Residential Tenancies Act 1997, or by offering tenants a standard housing rental agreement. Regardless of the agreement chosen, SDA providers must comply with the conditions set by the NDIA, the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission and Consumer Affairs Victoria. Your provider must use the SDA and residential lease agreements on our website. Information on downloading agreements can be found under Resources for Residents. The Persons with Disabilities Act also introduces new provisions allowing an SDA resident with a housing rental agreement to request a visit from a community visitor. You can ask the occupant to pay a deposit.

A loan is a guarantee that the occupant will fulfill his obligations in the contract. If they do, you will need to return their loan at the end of the deal. See The deposit of the deposit. Housing declarations under the Persons with Disabilities Act are maintained until existing residents switch to new SDA residence contracts or residential rental contracts under the ATR. Persons with disabilities who live in group group homes that have not yet passed into SDA residence agreements still have rights under the Disability Act 2006. NDS is currently working on this analysis and will update the industry accordingly. In the meantime, SDA providers should consider the lease agreement they will propose and ensure that the necessary guidelines and procedures can be added as annexes. .

. .